International Arbitration by A Trusted Singapore Law Firm
Aldgate Chambers LLC specialises in providing advice and representation in complex, high-value cases that cut across a wide range of industries and jurisdictions. Our arbitration lawyers offer local and international clients high-quality advice and assistance regarding every step of the proceedings. Covering pre-arbitral negotiations, arbitral proceedings conduct and trial advocacy, our law firm can also assist in appearing before the High Court for the purposes of enforcing or resisting enforcement of arbitration agreements and arbitral awards. This includes applications for interim measures in an arbitration.
A flexible, versatile law firm
We have represented parties in ad hoc arbitrations, as well as actions under the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules and the rules of major arbitration institutions such as:
- Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC)
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA)
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Center (HKIAC)
- The London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
Arbitration lawyers with a strong and well-deserved reputation
Managing Director Kenneth Pereira is an accredited arbitrator with the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators. With more than two decades of experience as a civil litigator and commercial arbitrator, Kenneth holds a great deal of talent and ability, qualities that are reflected in the law firm’s associates.
Some of Aldgate Chambers’ most illustrious cases include:
- Acting in an arbitration matter for the Government of Maldives regarding a dispute involving a significant public-private partnership where the claim amount was greater than US$1 billion.
- Successfully defending the Government of Maldives from a US$160 million claim by a bank.
- Advised an Indian State Government on terminating a concession agreement.
- Acting in arbitration for one of the world’s largest rubber traders, successfully obtaining an anti-suit injunction against action commenced in Italy.